Monday, November 16, 2020

My Life As I Wished I Lived It

2020-21
Assignment Three
November 16 - November 20
My Life As I Wished I Lived It (or Carpe Diem)


“Nothing worth doing is completed in our lifetime; therefore we must be saved by hope. Nothing true or beautiful makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore we must be saved by faith. Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore, we are saved by love.”  Reinhold Niebuhr

Watch this video to begin:


How do we figure out whether or not our life has value? How do we make this decision? What is the meaning and purpose of life?

Consider what you believe makes life worthwhile and valuable.

  • List three things you want to have possessed or have experienced by the time you reach the end of your life.
  • How will you be remembered? Add to this list one quality or attribute (eulogy virtue) you would like most to be remembered for.
  • Discuss why each of these things (or ideals, ideas or qualities) are important to you personally.
  • Discuss how each of these things (or ideals, ideas or qualities) are valuable to what it means to be human– or even valuable to humanity.